How to Prepare Your Hair for the Fall
- Do a clarity wash to remove build up for a fresh fall start.
- Trim your ends or have your stylist do so if you are not comfortable. You should trim your hair every 8-12 weeks.
- Try a bi-weekly deep conditioning treatment to help with dry hair.
- Use a leave in conditioner AFTER you wash. Remember conditioning is critical to your hair.
- We know there are cute and quick but, give your ponytail a rest because it causes breakage and scalp stress. Especially as it gets colder, and your hair gets dryer. If you do choose to where your hair in a ponytail a couple times a week during the cold season, never wear ponytail to bed!
- Add some protectant products like, spray serum, moose, or cream. Always be sure to apply on your wet strands before blow drying to prevent breakage.
- Use quality cleansers that washes away normal wear and tear from the environment like pollution and smoke but does not strip your hair of its natural oils & lipids. Visit ADBH.com for more options that work for you.
Note: These tips may vary from person to person and are not intended to diagnose treat, cure, or prevent any disease or disability.