Tips to Help Protect Your Edges
- Stay away from super tight hairstyles to include braids and ponytails. It's ok to get them but make sure the style is not too tight on your hair follicles around your hairline.
- Keep your hair & edges moisturized - dry hair will break easily. Condition, condition, condition for moisture and seal with your favorite oil.
- Ensure you and/or your beautician knows how to care for your type of hair.
- Be careful of headbands and hats.
- Wrap and protect your edges at night with a silk scarf or bonnet.
- Fill your diet with vitamins and nutrients.
- Dry hair with care.
- Stress less.
- Limit your use of strong hold edge controls.
Note: These tips may vary from person to person and are not intended to diagnose treat, cure, or prevent any disease or disability.