Washing Your Hair In Cold Water Versus Hot Water
Below are the pros of washing your hair in cold and hot water.
- Increases shine - cold water closes the hair cuticles and forces the cuticle cells to lay down on top of each other, presenting a smooth, shiny appearance.
- Reduces frizz
- Helps to eliminate dandruff
- Improves blood circulation
- Stronger hair that's less vulnerable to dirt/oils
- Helps open the pores on your scalp
- Helps remove sweat, dirt and oil
- Opens up the hair cuticles, allowing moisture to enter your hair
- Helps make your hair soft and shiny
We recommend shampooing with warm/hot water to fully clean but doing your final rinse with cold water to seal and close the hair cuticles.
Note: These tips may vary from person to person and are not intended to diagnose treat, cure, or prevent any disease or disability.